Friday, May 15, 2009

Monolith

Sometimes something repeatedly catches my eye, like this monolith, this large hunk of stone. It’s a granite outcropping that juts up from the southern shoulder of Mount Rubidoux in Riverside, California. The viewpoint of all photographs below is toward the East.



I see this monolith every morning when I’m hiking around Mount Rubidoux, which is typically four to six mornings per week.


I always actively observing it as I’m walking by, even if I don’t always stop to make a photo of it. I’m not sure why it always has my attention, but I stopped trying to figure it out. A rational reason isn’t necessary.


The photo below was taken in the golden light of sundown, and shows some detail in the boulder itself, rather than a silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment