Saturday, May 2, 2009

About This Blog

This blog’s primary emphasis will fall on photography and motorcycling. Other subjects including slide guitar, writing, and hiking Mount Rubidoux, will pop up on occasion.

Why Blog?

I’m a compulsive communicator. There are probably support groups for the condition, but I haven’t looked for one. For nearly two decades, I have been in the habit of frequently sending email, often with photographs embedded, to a small group of friends and relatives.

For me, sharing photographs is nearly as satisfying as making them. When I am at the point where I want to show them, it’s always a problem trying to decide which people on my email list would like to see particular photos. I don’t want to spam anyone, so I rarely send a photo to everyone in my address book. With a blog, it should be easier, since people will be able to decide what photos they are personally interested in, and what stories, comments, and ruminations they want to read, or if they want to view the blog at all. It’s out of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment