Thursday, September 9, 2010

Return of the Sky


The title of this post is false, since the sky hasn’t been missing, so it can’t really return. But today appeared to be the end of the months-long foggy/hazy skies we endure every summer in the Riverside, California area.
Since I was lazy this morning, I didn’t wake up early enough to really catch the sunrise at the best time. I was busy dreaming about motorcycle rides, looking for a specific part in a repair shop,  and talking to a girl I knew in high school (she was a girl then, anyway) and didn’t get out of bed early enough to catch the best light. The photo above is not a great one, but it shows a pale hint of the color and cloud definition I’ll see through the next three seasons. As far as I’m concerned, it is cause enough for a minor celebration…

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Ray, even the elements in our skys in southern california, even if smog, can add to the character of a picture, as the handy art work of Gods hand.
    Dave PostMan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave.

    The photo was made at Anza Narrows looking east, which explains the tree line in the foreground. The ridge line is of Box Springs Mountain.

    ReplyDelete