Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Fair


My interest in photography leans very heavily toward landscapes. When I think about grabbing a camera and going somewhere to shoot, I’m thinking about landscapes. Shooting people or events rarely filters through my consciousness and as an event photographer, I’m probably an almost-adequate landscape photographer.

Despite my shortcomings in that arena, people continue to ask me to shoot events. On request, I’ve shot parties, parades, baseball and football games, and weddings, among other events. Yesterday’s event was an Easter Fair for a local church. I walked through the fair for an hour and a half, covering the entertainments,  the various “booths”, the crowd, and local politicians.

The payoff for me was the kids. Children are often good subjects when they don’t know they’re being photographed, and the fair was crowded enough that they weren’t paying much attention to me.














No comments:

Post a Comment